CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reasons I smile throughout the day

I love teaching.
Without being cross or controversial, there are times when I don't care for the decisions that are made for our children and teachers in the name of education.
Thanks to my loving and supportive family, they understand that I easily work (my choice, completely) an additional 20 -30 hours a week planning and handling what is expected of me by all stakeholders.
I will be honest, there are times that I want to tear down the hall and run out the door, never once looking back.
But then, your children do and say things that warm my heart completely and remind me how much I love them and my job.
Things I have heard: (please don't get mad, parents.  Kid-speak is the most honest revelations of how your children see their school world)

  • "Roll the dice!!"  At first, you might think, "What kind of racket does Caronna have going?!" Well, roll the die refers to the conflict management resolution system we currently use.  I become so happy when the children demonstrate prior knowledge to a new situation.  Definitely a good start to upper levels of higher order thinking.  Oh, yeah!


Students with small problems are empowered to make their own choices with the little frog, Kelso.

  • Aha moments by the kids.  I am constantly looking for tried and true ways to help the children create connections that will help fortify the foundation of their learning.  All it took was baggie, hair gel, and glitter.  Just look at the letter formation our learner created after just a little bit of practice! He was so proud, as was I.
Before practice
After practice
  • Children being themselves.  There is nothing quite like teaching, trying to guide the children to learning.  You look up and see:
Teacher Paparazzi strikes again!


I love my job.

Always,
Mrs. C.










0 comments:

Post a Comment