CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Please practice sight words

Sight words help our children read fluently.  They are words they know by heart.  I will be assessing the following words within the next two weeks:

  • a
  • at
  • go
  • I
  • in 
  • my
  • no
  • on
  • the 
  • to
  • my
  • like
Please visit www.spellingcity.com for games and practice with sight words.  You will notice there are more words on that list than what I am requesting the children to know at this point.  Before the children move on to first grade, they will be expected to know 80 words.  Of course, we will be thrilled if the children know more, but, I will be very happy if they know the ones I have listed above.

Here are the children finding sight words in big books during class.  They get so excited!





Thank you for your continued support in your child's education.
You can count on me.
Warmly,
Mrs. C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment