CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How sweet it is to be your child's teacher!



In this post, I want to share a little bit of today's joyous learning experiences.  They may seem random.  By this time of night, I am rarely able to string together a cohesive thought.
Accept my apology in advance :-)


Every child learns differently.  I try to engage what are called modalities of learning.  They are visual, auditory, kinesthetic and tactile.  What does that mean?  Well, I try to deliver lessons and give children the opportunity to learn the material through sense of touch, motion, hearing and seeing.

Izaiah getting better and better at letter formation
Differentiated learning, in my opinion, is making sure that each learner gets what he or she needs.

We gave centers a try today.  I took a deep breath and had faith in my abilities to guide and that the children were ready.  

Oh me, oh my.  Apples were at the table with me.

"Oranges" worked on writing


Nothing could have prepared me for what ensued.

I had yet to see the children so engaged, having meaningful conversations with each other.  All they needed was the opportunity.  My heart soared.

These children are "blueberries".  They worked on letters and sounds.


My "grapes".  Reading and writing what they read about.

And if that wasn't enough, we had our apple tasting today!  We were able to incorporate measurement/data and writing standards to this delicious end of our day.

Gratuitous shot of teacher's kindergarten son helping make the apple cake.

Learners, get your taste buds ready!
YUMMY!  Thank you, Ms. Awilda for your help!

Two of my boys doing the happy dance at the table.
Thank you for the privilege of being your child's teacher.

Warmly,
Mrs. C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment