CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Homework Revision

Dearest Families,
I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to complete the homework packets.
I want to be honest, I am not in favor of homework packets, no matter how meaningful I can make them.  I have vacillated back and forth on how to do this and am coming up short.
Having said this, this is what I would like to try instead:

  • Practice sight words nightly (if you need a new list, please write me a note in the planner)
  • Read 15-20 minutes with your child every night
  • I will send home two sheets of math homework to complete every week based on the topic we are currently studying (starting next week)
Nothing will be due and you can complete the work according to your personal family schedule.

If you would like extra practice in Mathematics, I would like to suggest going on:  www.ixl.com or go to our math series website (please let me know if you need the user name and password).

Some parents like the reading sight word books and I can help with access!
Instead of me printing off the books for each child, you can go at your leisure to Think Central and choose predecodable or decodable books for your learner to read.  I am here to help if you need a quick tutorial, please let me know how I can help.

I feel there is a time and place for homework.  Let's see if this works better for most.

Warmly,
Mrs. C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment