CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Classroom management color clip chart


Honoring the honesty, innocence and beauty of childhood are some of the reasons why I teach.
I am so grateful to be a part of your child's educational experience.  What we (you, your child and I) will accomplish in a brief period of time is nothing short of miraculous.  You have the great fortune of examining the scope of your child's development through the lasting lens of time. You have expectations of the obvious educational curriculum I will deliver.  There is another implicit directive I feel responsible for and that is also to guide the children to self-discipline, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills. An elemental part of mandated character education is the backbone of my classroom management. I wish to promote positive behavior in the classroom through choices. I will use a color clip chart concept originated by Rick Morris to manage conduct throughout the day.

Thanks to fellow blogger Janis over at Caffeniated Conclusions, this is the poster we will use:




Everyone begins the day on "Ready to Learn" and move up and down the chart throughout the day as the children make choices.  I will report what color your child finishes the day on in the planner.  Examples of rewards for meeting expectations are:  praise, Bucket Bucks, and passes for the Golden Chair, Buddy Table, and Lunch Line Fast.  Consequences for not meeting expectations can be expected to be logical and respectful.

Please consider me a true partner in your child's academic and just as important social development.
Warmly,
Mrs. C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment